The Worship Committee will support the professional ministry of the congregation to ensure that all Sundays have a planned service; such as a guest speaker or lay service.
Responsibilities of the Committee:
Meet monthly and plan two services per month (goal is one speaker and one lay service)
Responsibilities of the Committee Members:
1. Participate in our monthly meetings
2. Chairman will notify participants of the meeting time, prepare an agenda, monitor progress of committee projects/assignments and lead meeting.
3. Participation in our lay lead services
4. Willingness to help with the physical preparation for the service
5. Bring ideas for current agenda and/or future services
Qualifications for the Committee Members:
1. Commitment to the mission of the UUCRV
2. Ability to work as a team member
3. Ability and willingness to give support to other committee members and congregants
Amount of Time Required:
Average of 2 ½ hours per month for meeting and willing preparation time for services
When Planning is Performed:
Monthly meeting will be on third Thursday, 6-8 PM. Preparation is at your convenience.
Length of Commitment:
One year, renewable
1. Reading materials provided (hymnal etc)
2. Notebook of materials
Other members of the Committee, collegially
1. The support and encouragement of other members of the committee
2. The personal and professional support of the congregation’s minister
3. A response to your request for training and/or information that you believe is needed to fulfill your position and make it a rewarding and growth-filled one for you.
4. Welcome and respect for your suggestions and opinions regarding the committee and total ministry of the congregation