Our children’s religious education program is designed by our teachers to fit the needs and abilities of our children. It emphasizes the values inherent in the seven guiding Unitarian Universalist Principals. Additionally, we will explore world religions to find common truths, learn about and celebrate national holidays and religious holidays of many faiths. Always, lessons will emphasize moral values as a guide to living.
Child care is provided for those too young to participate in Religious Education instruction.
The children’s version of the seven Unitarian Universalist principals:
- Every person is important.
- We are kind to each other.
- We help each other learn.
- Each person searches for what is true.
- All persons deserve a say in what happens.
- We work to build a fair and peaceful world.
- We care for the earth and all creatures.
SOCIAL JUSTICE ACTIVITIES
Children participate in social justice activities, such as working to earn money to buy animals for Heifer International, participating in the Great American Cleanup, and helping in our food pantry garden to support the Caritas Food and Clothing Pantry in Beloit, WI.