Name of Group:
Religious Education Committee
The Religious Education Committee will plan, oversee, and implement a children’s religious education program for the congregation.
Responsibilities of Committee :
To further this purpose, the Task Force shall:
1. Design a children’s religious education program, keeping in mind the congregation’s needs and resources.
2. Oversee the ongoing program. Ongoing tasks include: Recruit, train, and support volunteer teachers. Maintain program supplies. Evaluate program yearly.
Responsibilities of Committee Members:
1. All: Participate in regular meetings.
2. Task Force Chair: notify participants of meeting time, prepare agenda, monitor progress of committee projects/assignments, and lead meeting.
Qualifications for Committee Members:
1. Commitment to children’s religious education and to the mission of the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Rock Valley (UUCRV).
2. Membership in UUCRV.
3. Ability to work as a team member.
4. Ability and willingness to give support to other committee members and congregants.
Amount of Time Required:
Average 2-4 hours per month (1-2 meetings per month, plus preparation time).
When Ministry Is Performed:
Committee members will set regular meeting times.
Length of Commitment:
1. Initial orientation provided by minister.
2. Religious Education planning workshop, sponsored by congregation, with Central Midwest District RE consultant.
3. Ongoing training to be determined.
Other members of the Committee, collegially.
1. The support and encouragement of other members of the committee.
2. The personal and professional support of the congregation’s minister.
3. A response to your requests for training and/or information that you believe is needed to fulfill your position and make it a rewarding and growth-fi1led one for you.
4. Welcome and respect for your suggestions and opinions regarding the committee and the total ministry of the congregation.
Last reviewed: 5/06