Name of Committee:
Committee on Ministry
The Committee on Ministry will support and strengthen the professional ministry of the congregation.
Responsibilities of Committee:
T o further this purpose, the Committee shall:
1. Facilitate communication between the minister and the congregation, bringing any issues to the minister’s attention and encouraging direct communication.
2. Serve as a sounding board for the minister.
3. Evaluate the minister, in the context of the total ministry of the congregation, once a year.
Responsibilities of Committee Members:
1. Participate in monthly meetings.
2. Chair meetings on a rotating basis: notify participants of meeting time, prepare agenda, monitor progress of committee projects/assignments, and lead meeting.
Qualifications for Committee Members:
1. Commitment to the mission of the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Rock Valley (UUCRV).
2. Membership in UUCRV.
3. Ability to work as a team member.
4. Ability and willingness to give support to other committee members and congregants.
Amount of Time Required:
Average 1 1/2 hours per month (one 1 1/2-hour meeting), plus meeting preparation.
When Ministry Is Performed:
Monthly meeting on third Thursday, 4:30-6 p.m. Preparation at your convenience.
Length of Commitment:
One year. Renewable.
1. Reading materials provided.
Other members of the Committee, collegially.
1. The support and encouragement of other members or the committee.
2. The personal and professional support of the congregation’s minister.
3. A response to your requests for training and/ or information that you believe is needed to fulfill your position and make it a rewarding and growth-filledone for you.
4. Welcome and respect for your suggestions and opinions regarding the committee and the total ministry of the congregation.
Last reviewed: 7 /06